Watching your best friend feel sick can be extremely trying to watch, especially when they can't tell you what's wrong. Many times, dog allergies are a reaction to additives in their food, including improper human foods, and changing it can make a huge difference in their overall wellness. Finding the best dog food for allergies will help your dog return to their happy self.
Best Dog Food for Allergies FAQ
1. What Are Dog Allergies?
Allergies can stem from a variety of environmental factors, but one of the most common is food. Wheat and grains are one of the most common culprits found in dog foods that irritate dogs.
2. What Are Some Symptoms of Dog Allergies?
Some of the most common symptoms of dry, itchy skin, excessive scratching or licking, bald patches, ear infections, skin infections, diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting.
3. How Do Dog Foods Help Control Allergies?
Dog foods help control allergies by eliminating all the most common allergens.
4. Where Can You Buy the Best Dog Food for Allergies?
You can get the best dog food for allergies at any pet store. Or, you can simply order it on Amazon.
How We Reviewed
Finding your pet's best dog food for allergies will depend on your dog's personal needs as well as their flavor preferences. Because of this, we've gathered some of the best foods available for dogs with allergies so you can choose which will be the best to get your dog back to feeling great.
Overall Price Range of the Best Dog Food for Allergies
Depending on the brand and quantity of dog food you buy, you can expect to spend anywhere from $10 to $60 on a bag.
What We Reviewed
ACANA Duck & Pear Singles Formula Dry Dog Food
- DUCK & PEAR LIMITED INGREDIENT | BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE 50% Muscovy duck nourish your dog according to his evolutionary needs, ACANA Duck & Pear contains one single, easily digestible animal protein. Raised free-run on local farms, our Muscovy duck arrives fresh, in WholePrey form — a richly nourishing ratio of meat, organs and cartilage that nourish your dog naturally. Generous infusions of freeze-dried duck liver make ACANA a perfect choice for fussy dogs. Prepared in our Ke
- ACANA Duck & Pear features local ingredients raised by people we know and trust,deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our Kentucky DogStar kitchens fresh each day!Deboned duck*, duck meal, whole green peas, red lentils, duck liver*, duck fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, herring oil, green lentils, whole yellow peas, duck giblets*, Bartlett pears*, lentil fiber, natural duck flavor, duck cartilage*, dried kelp, freeze-dried duck liver, whole pumpkin*, whole butternut sq
This duck and pear formula is made with quality sourced single animal protein raised free-range on local farms. It's made of 50% Muscovy duck to give your dog what its evolutionary development dictates.
This is one of the best dog foods for allergies because its first ingredient is locally sourced duck. This dog food has significantly more real meat than the average dog food, lessening your dog's digestive issues and helping them grow strong. This food eliminates common allergens so your dog's symptoms will get better.
Where to buy
Blue Buffalo Natural Adult Dry Dog Food Salmon
- PACKED WITH REAL SALMON: A recipe made to satisfy your dog’s natural love for meat, this high protein dog food features real salmon to help build and maintain lean muscle mass
- HEALTHY INGREDIENTS: BLUE Wilderness grain free dog food, made with healthy carbohydrates including sweet potatoes and peas, helps fuel your adult dog’s active lifestyle; It also contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance
A food based on an evolutionary diet is a great choice for the best dog food for allergies. This one is made with salmon and LifeSource Bits. It's grain free and contains wholesome fruits and veggies as well as an optimal balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Meat is always the first ingredient.
The precise blend of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids help your furry friend's brain function at its best, as well as promotes a shiny coat and healthy skin. The extra vitamins and minerals help your dog grow strong and the antioxidants work to decrease inflammation and supports immune health. Vitamin A is essential for healthy bones, teeth, hair, skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. It is a building block of rhodopsin, a compound in the retina responsible for sight in partial darkness.
And of course, being grain free will decrease the chance of any digestive issues for your dog as well as increase their overall health as they are eating real nutrient-dense food instead of filler wheat ingredients.
Where to buy
Wellness Simple Natural Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food
- LIMITED INGREDIENT DOG FOOD: Natural, grain free, limited ingredient recipe crafted with a single source of animal protein, expertly balanced with easily digestible carbohydrates and no fillers
- A LIFETIME OF WELLBEING: Natural prebiotics support a healthy digestive system, antioxidants support a strong immune system and Omega fatty Acids support a healthy coat and skin
- WHOLE BODY HEALTH: Supported by omega fatty acids, antioxidants, glucosamine, probiotics and taurine for a healthy heart
This limited ingredient food works to help your dog overcome their allergies and easily digest food by limiting the number of possible allergens in the food. It uses a single protein sourced from high-quality salmon and adds in easily digestible carbohydrates for balanced nutrition. It only uses premium, all natural ingredients with no gluten, wheat, or fillers.
This is a great option for the best dog food for allergies because it helps your furry friend by minimizing the number of potential allergens your pet consumes. It's grain free, meaning that it's made with ingredients that your dog can easily digest and put to use. The added vitamins and minerals help your dog's body grow strong and healthy.
Where to buy
Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food
- Contains 1 - 26 pound bag of dry dog food
- Limited ingredient diet with a single animal protein source
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient and helps maintain strong muscles
This is another great option for the best dog food for allergies because it is grain free and has a limited number of ingredients. The Chicken & Sweet Potato flavor is made with a limited list of premium protein and carbohydrate sources.
It works to minimize the number of ingredients dogs are exposed to, decreasing the risk of allergies and increasing overall health. This dog food works to support a healthy skin and coat.
Where to buy
Earthborn Holistic Venture Grain Free Dry Dog Food
- Enriched with Taurine & Methionine, this heart healthy, grain & gluten-free limited ingredient diet is a great option for dogs with sensitivities.
- Squid is a unique and safe, alternative protein source. Squid supplies zinc and manganese and it’s high in copper, selenium, Vitamin B12 and riboflavin. Fishing communities in South America are highly controlled and monitored by the South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organization to help maintain a sustainable fishing resource.
- Chickpeas are packed with nutrients, providing high levels of digestible protein, fiber, folate and minerals such as iron and phosphorus.
This grain free dry dog food is formulated using a limited list of ingredients to minimize your dog's exposure to possible allergens. It comes in several flavors: Duck Meal & Pumpkin, Alaskan Pollock Meal & Pumpkin, Pork Meal & Butternut Squash, Rabbit Meal & Pumpkin, Squid & Chickpeas, and Turkey Meal & Butternut Squash.
The high-protein recipe helps your canine build strong muscles and grow a shiny, thick coat. The limited ingredients lessen the chance of your dog having any allergic reaction by minimizing the number of possible allergens. The added vitamins and minerals help your beloved animal grow strong bones a healthy coat while also promoting overall wellness and health.
Where to buy
Royal Canin HP Hypoallergenic Hydrolyzed Protein Dog Food
- Hydrolyzed soy protein that won't upset your pet's system
- Boosted omega-3 fatty acids to improve your dog's skin health and coat luster
- Ingredients that nourish and support your pet's digestive flora
This hypoallergenic hydrolyzed protein dog food is perhaps the best dog food for allergies. It uses hydrolyzed soy protein that won't upset your dog's digestive system. It's boosted with Omega-3 fatty acids to keep your dog's mind sharp and coat silky smooth. It uses ingredients that support your dog's digestive flora, extra vitamins and minerals, high protein, and simple starches that are easy for your dog's body to digest.
This hypoallergenic food helps support your dog's digestive flora to help with better overall digestion. The added Omega-3 fatty acids will help their coat grow thick and shiny. It's high in protein to give your furry friend the energy kick they need. B12 supplements help boost gastrointestinal function, and the beet pulp maximizes nutrient absorption. The added taurine helps protect your dog's heart.
Where to buy
Depending on your dog's personal dietary needs and allergy issues, there are several foods that may be the best dog food for allergies that your dog could try. Keeping your dog's allergies at bay is vital to making sure your dog is happy, healthy, and living their best life. These dog foods are not just a great way to help your dog break free of allergies, but a way to help them to better overall health. The vitamins and minerals included in these dog foods work to keep your best friend strong and full of energy so you can keep making memories together for a long time to come.
Featured image by Pixabay
Last update on 2021-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API